MigraineNet – FI-Adopt project accelerator (2015-2016) (Health)
https://www.facebook.com/MigraineNetApp/ (EN Page)
https://www.facebook.com/MigraineNet/ (GR Page)
MigraineNet project was funded by FI-Adopt project accelerator. The project was motivated by the fact that there has been an increasing need for developing technology that may realize new disruptive business models reducing healthcare delivery cost, opening up the access to (self-)care and driving a healthier lifestyle adoption. Migraine is a neurological disorder that causes both medical costs and loss of productivity, while it also has significant negative societal impacts.
To that respect, this project delivered a novel mobile application that aims at increasing awareness with respect to migraines, provide personalized information on the causes and first aid in terms of (self-)treatment and on top of that predict when the next migraine incident will occur. The associated cloud platform exploits 3 heterogeneous kinds of information:
- personal information such as the individual’s sex, age, habits and other known medical/environmental/working conditions
- the user’s daily habits
- information from other users with similar characteristics
The platform was built and validated using the FI-PPP technologies and enablers, e.g., for the development of knowledge building mechanisms, while two migraine experts, Dr. M. Vikelis and Dr. M. Dermitzakis, experienced neurologists and members of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Headache Society (http://www.kefalalgia.gr/), act as health consultants in the project so as to ensure the scientific validity of the application.
In a nutshell, MigraineNet:
- calculates the possibilities about when the next migraine incident will occur by analyzing the underlying information models,
- predicts and prioritizes the most possible causes that apply in the migraine instance of the user,
- suggests ways to relief the migraine (e.g., dietary suggestions, physical activities, relaxation techniques involving actuators when possible),
- guides the user to nearby pharmacies/doctor,
- proposes relevant articles, and
- supports calendar view and extraction of logged past incidents.
MigraineNet mobile application has been designed and implemented by WINGS ICT Solutions. Dr. M. Vikelis and Dr. M. Dermitzakis act as health consultants in the project so as to ensure the scientific validity of the application.
An overview of the MigraineNet concept is depicted in the figures that follow.
Pilots are currently ongoing for those who wish to try MigraineNet application. Contact us at email@example.com
Awards & demonstration video.
Demos of use are available under the following links:
- MigraineNet - Daily Forms: https://youtu.be/1WB9_9mQh5E
- MigraineNet - Register New User: https://youtu.be/zh5TTDhahoU
- MigraineNet - Register New Incident: https://youtu.be/E16_fsfiv8k
Subscribe to the MigraineNet mailing list