Smart health | MigraineNet
WINGS ICT Solutions designed and developed MigraineNet aiming to offer a technology that
- reduces healthcare delivery cost;
- opens up the access to (self-)care;
- drives a healthier lifestyle adoption; and
- realizes new disruptive business models.
Migraine, as a neurological disorder, listed by WHO (World Health Organization) among the 8 most disabling diseases, causing high medical costs, loss of productivity and significant negative societal impacts was selected as the 1st use case that this technology focused on.
MigraineNet is a novel cloud platform, offered to migraineurs as a mobile application, that
- calculates the possibilities and predicts when the next migraine incident will occur by analyzing the underlying information models and the user’s daily activities/habits;
- predicts and prioritizes the most possible causes that apply in the migraine instance of the user;
- suggests ways to relief the migraine (e.g., dietary suggestions, physical activities, relaxation techniques involving actuators when possible);
- guides the user to nearby pharmacies/doctor;
- proposes relevant articles; and
- supports calendar view and extraction of logged past incidents.
Technically, MigraineNet platform relies on
- 3 heterogeneous kinds of information: a) personal information such as the individual’s sex, age, habits and other known medical/environmental/working conditions; b) the user’s daily habits; and c) information from other users with similar characteristics;
- FIWARE technologies and enablers for collecting and managing the data;
- 2 technical components customized by WINGS for knowledge building, data analysis and predictions; and
- User-friendly personalized mobile interfaces.
Dr. M. Vikelis and Dr. M. Dermitzakis, experienced neurologists and members of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Headache Society (http://www.kefalalgia.gr/), acted as health consultants during the design of the system so as to ensure its scientific validity.
Demos of use are available under the following links:
- MigraineNet - Daily Forms: https://youtu.be/1WB9_9mQh5E
- MigraineNet - Register New User: https://youtu.be/zh5TTDhahoU
- MigraineNet - Register New Incident: https://youtu.be/E16_fsfiv8k
Follow us on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/MigraineNetApp/ (EN Page)
https://www.facebook.com/MigraineNet/ (GR Page)